AcuCT 5A Split Core Install Guide
Detailing the installation of AcuCT 5A split core current transformers in a number of configurations.
What’s Included with the AcuCT 5A
- 3.5 ft leads
- 3* screws and screw caps (Not included with the AcuCT 0812 Split Core CT Series)
Warning: Disconnect power supply before making electrical connections.
Warning: Current Transformers (CT’s) should be installed by trained electrician or technician.
Warning: The secondary circuit of a CT should not be opened when current is flowing through the primary circuit.
Installation Steps for AcuCT 5A
- Unscrew the thumb screws to remove the top portion of the CT and remove the screws so the CT can be split up into parts for installation.
- Install the CT around the conductor to be measured. Verify the CT is installed with the CT label reading ‘P1’ or ‘S1’ facing towards the wire direction of the source.
- Similarily verify that the CT is installed with the CT label reading ‘P2’ or ‘S2’ facing towards the wire direction of the load.
- Reattach the removable top portion of the CT and tighten the thumb screws.
- Mount CT using mounting clips ( For more information see Appendix).
- Connect leads to the CT terminals.
- Connect the CT lead that is connected on the ‘S1’ side of the CT to the ‘I11’ terminal on the Acuvim meter or the (+) terminal if using another meter.
- Connect the CT lead that is connected on the ‘S2’ side of the CT to the ‘I12’ terminal of the Acuvim meter or the (-) terminal if using another meter.
- Repeat Steps 1 through 4 if using more than one CT.
Mounting AcuCT 5A CTs on a Busbar or Cable
For mounting the CT on a busbar or cable, the following should be applied:
- Place the screw caps at the end of the screws
- Position the washer on the screw to the desired postion on the screw
- Insert washer into the small opening located near the window of the CT so that the screw cap is touching busbar/cable.
- Ensure that the screw caps are firmly securing the busbar and cable.
Figure 1:Mounting the AcuCT-5A to a Busbar
Figure 2:Mounting the AcuCT-5A to a Cable
Mounting AcuCT 5A CTs on a Wall or Flat Surface
For mounting the CT on a surface, the following should be applied:
- Place the mounting clips in the slots located by the removable top portion.
- Ensure mounting clips are securely placed in the slots.
- Using four screws (not included), place the screws through the mounting clips and tighten to attach to surface.
This equipment is intended to be used as a current transformer. If the equipment is used in a manner not specified by the manufacturer, the protection provided by the equipment may be impaired.
Important: The secondary winding shall not be left open when the primary side of equipment is installed on live system.
No cleaning is required.
The CT is rated for indoor use only.
The altitude is up to 2000 meters
Ambient Temperature range is -20°C to 40°C
Maximum relative humidity is 85% for temperature up to 31°C decreasing linearly to 50% relative humidity at 40°C
Rated pollution degree 2